About Me

My photo
I’m a diy, penny pinchin’, first time home owner, wife to my amazing helper of a husband, one sweet little type 1 diabetic daughter and one smart creative little boy(or should I say young man!). There isn’t a thing I won’t buy if I think I can make it myself. So I hope you enjoy my attempt to save a little money and share my attempts to make our house a home.

Shop adore:made

Friday, March 16, 2012

I'm that girl!

I'm that girl, that goes to estate sales and buys that funky old (oddly smelling)bedding and hides it away in my closet and until recent I feared my children would be selling it at an estate sale in my honor....well, I finally bit the bullet and cut into one of those bad boys and the outcome is simply amazing! I also manage to collect buckets of vintage trims, ribbon, bias tape and random sewing goodies for next to nothing. Which I also put to use on this adorable top! I peeled it open and read the back of the paper wrapping and I could send in  a whole $2.50 and 50 cents for shipping and receive a bag of trimmings for other projects, like for baby dolls and doll hous accessories....I am pretty sure in my previous life I was a 50's southern house wife sippin' on sweet tea and sewing up dreamy items for my children and their toys, because I can picture it all perfect in my head and I am odly ADDICTED to sweet tea :) so if your new to sewing or happen upon an estate sale, collecting vintage bed sheets is the way to start with out breaking the bank and maybe some day you'll actually turn something out worth while...till next time ya'll - OH and I am thinking of listing one of these tops in my etsy shop so if your interested hit me up and maybe I can accommodate your lil' chitlins size too! Did I mention I made the leggings too! Trying out that fang dangled knit fabric so my little lady has some comfy leggings these were simple and fit like a dream!

Vintage bed-sheet peasant top

No comments:

Post a Comment